Are you going on a trip to explore Northern Vietnam? If yes, you should not miss Halong Bay - the modern world heritage, and also one of the most must-visit destinations in Asia. Or if you have just ended your trip in Halong and are looking for the next stop, so Ninh Binh must be included in your list perfectly. And now, do not hesitate to start your trip from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh right away.
But how, you may ask? You are still searching for how to go from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh. So read this article below and find yourself a guideline on transportation and some of the best tips to make your trip from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh more memorable.
1. Distance from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh
Both Halong Bay and Ninh Binh are located in the North of Vietnam, they are both famous attractions. Therefore, those two places are often chosen by most international and domestic travelers. You can choose different routes to transfer from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh, including:
Traveling to Ninh Binh from Tuan Chau
Halong International Port to Ninh Binh
Traveling to Ninh Binh from Cat ba Island
Cat Ba Island is a widely known for foreign and Vietnamese tourists. It attracts thousands of visitors monthly because of the beauty of this coastal island. To travel from Cat Ba Island to Ninh Binh, you will need to take a bus or go by ferry. The distance is about 160km, which means you need to travel around 6 hours by bus to get to Ninh Binh. Taking a ferry may be less time-consuming.
Got Pier (Haiphong city) to Ninh Binh
2. How to travel from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh
In terms of some common modes of transportation, this article will show you several effective ways to travel from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh.
By local bus
Price: Buses are a good option for most visitors. The price often ranges from 10 to 16 dollars.
Duration: Depending on your starting destinations, the duration of the bus is often from 4 to 5 hours.
Route: You start your bus trip at Bai Chay station, Quang Ninh province, then you can move to the counter to buy your ticket to Ninh Binh. There are several buses at the station so you can choose your suitable one.
Pros & Cons: There are some advantages as well as disadvantages for those who want to use buses for their transportation.
- The price of traveling by bus Halong Bay to Ninh Binh is much cheaper than that of other transportation, so it must be an economical choice for you and your family.
- Buses nowadays are quite modern as well. They are often equipped with a lot of good facilities such as air-conditioners, solf seats, etc.
- The travel time will be longer and it would be annoying if travelers are those who often suffer from motion sickness.
- The local buses’ staff are often local people, and the fact that not many of them could communicate in English or other languages. Therefore, your body language needs to be good if you want to travel this way.
Price: Traveling by motorbike is quite cheap. The price often ranges from 5 to 10 dollars depending on the types of motorbike you drive. You spend mostly on gas money.
Duration: The travel time is around 3 to 5 hours
Pros & Cons:
- Travelers can enjoy their trip to the fullest, the fresh air, the beautiful landscapes along the road, the friendly local people. Besides, travelers can pull over whenever they want, try special food on the road, etc.
- Traveling by motorbike is more money-saving
- It is more dangerous when traveling by motorbike, especially at night.
Price: The price range is from 10 to 14 dollars, which is quite the same as the bus’s price. Visitors can travel by train to save their money.
Duration: Because the train route is not so common. Therefore, it takes longer to travel than other means of transportation. This means the travel time is longer as well, which is around 9.5 hours.
Route: You cannot find any ways to transfer directly from Halong or Haiphong to Ninh Binh. Therefore, you have to move yourself by taking a train from Hai Phong to Hanoi, and then from Hanoi to Ninh Binh.
Pros & Cons:
- The railway is not as crowded as the road and also the safest way to travel to Ninh Binh.
- Besides, if you have time, traveling by train is a good option. You will have chances to enjoy very stunning views along the way from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh.
- Traveling by train is truly an authentic local experience for foreign tourists.
- It is really time-consuming if you have to travel within around 10 hours from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh. It will be a trouble for those who are short of time.
- Sometimes, you may feel uncomfortable because of the narrow space of the train.
By private car or taxi
Price: The cost of a private car or taxi may be highest compared to that of others. The price varies from 170 to 260 dollars.
Duration: If you book car from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh, it will run faster and more flexibly, so the travel time is about 3.5 hours.
Pros & Cons:
- This means of transportation is more convenient because it brings you privacy and many high-quality amenities, such as air-conditioners, tissues, food, comfortable car-seats, etc.
- In case you travel in groups, it will be a great plan that is more money-saving and comfortable since you can share the expenses with friends.
- If you are international tourists, language barrier may not be a problem because most of the taxi drivers can communicate in English.
- The budget is so high, which is ten times higher than that of the train and bus.
By minivan, limousine, or shuttle bus
- The price is reasonable for most visitors to transport from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh. It is not as high as traveling by taxi.
- If you prefer people, traveling by minivan, limousine or shuttle bus may not let you down because there are a lot of other people on the trip with you and you will not feel so lonely.
- It will be a little bit noisy and you will not be able to find your privacy during the trip from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh because there are a lot of people around you.
3. Recommendation for what to do in Ninh Binh
If you already transport from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh, there are some activities that you need to take part in or else you will waste your trip.
Visit the top Must-Visit Attractions:
Trang An is the most prominent site in Southeast Asia. Dominating the landscape is a variety of 200m-high stone towers covered by interconnected forests in many places, sharp mountain ridges, breathtaking valleys and countless underground caves.
Visitors on traditional boats driven by local guides can experience the natural environment, feeling comfortable, safe and peaceful.
Tam Coc - Bich Dong
Tam Coc - Bich Dong is located in Hoa Lu mountainous area, Ninh Binh province is considered an attractive address for domestic and foreign tourists when coming to Ninh Binh. Coming to Tam Coc, visitors can both see the interesting caves, floating on the bamboo boat under the three blue stone arches, namely Ca cave, Hai cave and Bat cave and are introduced to historical figures related to this resort.
Bai Dinh Pagoda
The temple is located on the mountain, looking down you can see a really vast valley with lake and rock. The destination receives many compliments from almost all people and tourists, it is also a really attractive place in South East Asia. Why don’t you visit Bai Dinh pagoda once? You will never forget this awesome trip. You surely will have chances to put your feet on the historical stone steps and enjoy the stunning landscapes behind with fresh air and find your inner peace at this religious destination. In the midst of a sacred place, immense heaven and earth, ringing a ringing bell, visitors will find their hearts at ease, taking out all worries of daily life.
Cuc Phuong National Park
For things to do in Ninh Binh, you should not miss Cuc Phuong National Park if you are a nature lover. This is regarded as the first national park in Vietnam.
The park has its own values of nature, ecosystems and cultures. Besides, it brings the human a lot of oxygen and energy by its diversity of plants in the forest. There are also a lot of plants which can be used for medication purposes as well as a variety of animals in tropical regions. Cuc Phuong national park has long become an attractive destination for visitors worldwide because of not only its values but also its beauty.
In 2000, the State awarded the Labor Hero Unit in the new era.
In 2002, the State was awarded the Second-Class Independence Medal for its outstanding achievements in nature conservation and many other noble awards.
Thung Nham Bird Garden
Thung Nham Ninh Binh Bird Park is known as a poetic landscape complex with tropical forests, immense caves or rivers. It is also famous for being home to many species of birds, including the rarest species. Due to its wild and unique beauty, Thung Nham is gradually becoming an attractive tourist destination for both domestic and foreign tourists.
Coming here, visitors can admire the beautiful scenery, experience the feeling of peaceful nature and breathe the fresh air, dispel all the fatigue of daily life.
Food need to try:
If you travel from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh, you should not miss some specialities here, namely Ninh Binh mountain goat meat, Kim Son fish salad, Ninh Binh mountain snail, Dong Giao pineapple, Nho Quan sticky rice with ants’ eggs, Ninh Binh eel noodle, etc.
Sticky rice with ants’ eggs - speciality in Ninh Binh
Besides, Ninh Binh is also famous for some other food that you can buy as souvenirs when you return home, such as sour spring roll, Gia Vien shrimp paste, wine, etc.
Souvenirs for travelers: Ninh Binh sour spring roll
Local activity needs to experience:
Your trip will not perfect if you do not try any activities here, below are some examples for you: Going on a cruise, rowing boat or kayaking around Trang An and Tam Coc, trekking to mountainous pagodas, trying Ninh Binh local cuisine, going sightseeing, etc.
4. Some Ninh Binh Travel Tips
Tip 1: Ninh Binh is well-known for its stunning beauty. If you plan on traveling to Ninh Binh, you will be amazed and attracted by its beauty. You should let yourself relax here and enjoy nature and your inner peace.
Tip 2: If you are a fan of Hollywood film, make sure to visit Skull Island Trang An, which used to be the background of the film Skull Island. This trip will make your day more wonderful.
Tip 3: Because the place is more close to nature, you will find it really difficult to find an ATM. Therefore, you need to prepare cash before going on this trip.
Tip 4: You need to prepare enough protective equipment in case you want to travel by motorbike, the Vietnamese drivers are sometimes so crazy and you can easily face incidents if you are not careful.
Tip 5: In case you are first to Vietnam, you should contact an agency to help you prepare the trip from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh carefully and economically. Take daytourhalong.net as an example.
Traveling from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh will be an amazing journey. Those two places are really beautiful and peaceful. You can easily take your time to rest and find your inner peace. The distance between two places is pretty far, however, you can use some modes of transportation with different pros and cons. Besides, let’s jot down several destinations, food and tips for your own wonderful trip to Ninh Binh. Surely, your trip from Halong Bay to Ninh Binh will be unforgettable.